Lameness, Limping or Paralysis
Is your bird walking strangely, with a limp or an uneven gait or does it even seem paralyzed and unable to walk? It could be one of these diseases:
- Bumblefoot - Does it have a hard scab on the bottom of its foot?
- Marek's Disease - Does it have poor coordination, have a wing hanging down or seem unable to move with one leg forward and one leg back?
- Fowl Cholera - Was the bird healthy one day and dead the next?
- Coccidiosis - Do your birds have blood in their stools?
- Botulism - Do they seem drowsy and can't hold their head up and have they had access to moldy feed or food scraps?
- Osteopetrosis - Are their legs swollen and thick?