Does your flock seem lethargic, tired and lacking their usual energy? It's probably a sign that something is going on with them, health-wise. There are many things this could point to so clarifying questions are included to help you narrow it down:
- Mites - If you examine their vent, are there moving black bugs running around?
- Worms - Have you noticed any worms in their stools? Do they also seem somewhat pale?
- Dry Pox - Are there dark red, scabby and bleeding lesions on their non-feathered skin?
- Coccidiosis - Have you noticed any blood in their stools?
- Marek's Disease - Do they also seem to be walking strangely?
- Botulism - Have they had any access to moldy feed or table scraps? Is their head droopy?
- Avian Influenza - Is their head a blue or purple color?
- Chronic Respiratory Disease/Mycoplasma Gallicepticum - Do your chickens
seem unable to shake minor respiratory issues, but never seem to get any
better or worse? Is the spread in your flock very slow?