Flock Health Scenario #1:
you haven't lost any birds, but they don't seem healthy.
What is their primary symptom?
If you're still not sure what symptoms your birds have, consider these questions when thinking it through:
- Lethargic - Do your birds seem to huddle, hang out on the roosting bar all day or just lack energy?
- Ruffled Feathers - Do their feathers look rumpled and rough, like they just rolled out of bed and forgot to comb their hair? Do they look especially dull when they are usually shiny?
- Respiratory - Are they sneezing, have a swollen face, rattled breathing, nasal discharge or bubbly eyes?
- Limping/Lameness -Are they having trouble walking or do they have an awkward limp?
- Pale Comb/Face - Is their face and comb a pale pink instead of a nice, bright red?
- Weight Loss - Are your birds looking smaller than usual, lacking their usual plumpness?
- Drop in Egg Production - Did your egg production drop unexpectedly?
- Lesions/Sores - Do you see any sores or scabs on their unfeathered parts or in their mouth?