Weight loss in Poultry
Does it look like your flock has been on a diet and can't seem to gain weight? This can be caused by several varied possibilities. Hopefully we can narrow it down with clarifying questions:
- Mites - Have you examined their vent and noticed moving black bugs running around?
- Chronic Respiratory Disease/Mycoplasma Gallicepticum - Do they also seem to have an ongoing struggle with respiratory symptoms that don't get worse or better and spread very slowly through the flock?
- Marek's Disease - Are they having any trouble walking?
- Coccidiosis - Have you noticed any blood in their stools?
- Worms - Have you noticed any worms in their stools and do they also seem to have a pale comb?
- Fowl Cholera - Was your flock fine yesterday and you've had some die suddenly today?